Bathurst Regional Council's School Tour provides students with the opportunity to broaden their knowledge and understanding of the water filtration plant, wastewater treatment plant, and the waste management centre.
To make a booking for any of the above facilities, please complete the paperwork for each of the facilities you wish to visit, and email the completed forms and paperwork or contact Council to discuss the tours on 02 6333 6290. Approval must be granted from Council before a tour can go ahead. It is suggested that planning and documentation commence no later than 6 weeks prior to the proposed visit date.
The following information for each tour is as follows:
• Water Filtration Plant
• Wastewater Treatment Plant
• Waste Management Centre
The tours offer insight into our operations. They outline the connection between homes and businesses and the urban water system. They also showcase how we use the latest water and wastewater treatment technology and sustainable water and waste management practices.
The waste management tour is an educational landfill tour consisting of an up-close look at the daily landfill operations, environmental control systems, recycling programs, and best practices in diverting products out of landfill.
To ensure your safety:
• the organiser must finalise visitor numbers before your group’s visit
• all visitors must wear sturdy, fully enclosed shoes (no open shoes such as sandals, thongs or ballet flats). Visitors in inappropriate footwear will not be allowed on the tour
• we recommend visitors use sunscreen
• on rare occasions we may need to cancel your tour due to poor weather or unscheduled plant maintenance.